Custom cookies and chocolates for gifts, entertaining, special events, and even retail outlets.

All items are made-to-order. Check website for menu ideas, but remember, you can customize anything to your preferences. Just let The Sugar Mommy know what you like and that's what you'll get!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Word of Mouth and Networking - Need Ideas!

Everyone talks about the importance of networking and spread the buzz about a new business. Well, that's what I'm praying for. I didn't win the NH Start-Up Challenge, so the $25,000 cash prize and additional marketing campaign is going to another new biz. That means I'm on my own to get the word out for The Sugar Mommy LLC.

I have put the word out on facebook and twitter, but it's not enough. I need your help. I need everyone to know that I'm ready, available, and willing to be the go-to source for all things cookie and chocolate.

If you have any tips on networking or generating free publicity that I haven't already mentioned, please post a comment. I'm donating chocolates to everyone who asks (within reason): Greater Nashua Dental Connection, Souhegan Valley Chamber of Commerce, Child Advocacy Center of Hillsborough County, Jewish Federation of New Hampshire, and the Souhegan Chamber again. My guess is if you ask me to donate something to your organization, I will, assuming I'm around and able to fill a box with chocolates or a basket with cookies. While I love being charitable and believe in karma, I also am hoping to increase exposure and generate business, let's be honest.

This is where you come in! I am putting out this offer: if you can send me 10 real prospects (names and contact info for friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers of yours who love cookies, chocolate, entertaining, and/or gift-giving), I will give you your choice of box of assorted chocolates or dozen fabulous cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment